Senate Foreign Relations Committee Member Senator Chris Coons addresses AJC Los Angeles on U.S.-Israel relations and Congressional efforts to prevent a nuclear-armed Iran.
Assemblyman Richard Bloom presented AJC Los Angeles past Presidents Dean Schramm and Cliff Goldstein a resolution honoring the chapter on its 70th Anniversary.
AJC Los Angeles builds meaningful and enduring relationships with elected officials at the local, state and national levels. Our advocacy efforts actively advance AJC’s policy agenda by championing policies and legislation that advance Israel’s security, the well being of the Jewish people, and democratic values for all.
Our advocacy efforts include:
- Countering anti-Semitism in collaboration with the House Bipartisan Anti-Semitism Task Force, a bipartisan caucus committed to working with European leaders to counter anti-Semitism in Europe and beyond;
- Strengthening Israel's security by advocating for critical U.S. defense aid including the Iron Dome missile defense system;
- Combating the Boycott, Divestment, & Sanctions (BDS) movement which seeks to isolate and delegitimize Israel;
- Working with Congressional leaders to press their European Union counterparts to join the U.S., Arab League, and Gulf Cooperation Council in designating the entirety of Hezbollah as a terrorist organization;
- Preventing a nuclear-armed Iran.
- Supporting the passage of bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform.
- Advocating to restore the full provisions of the Voting Rights Act.
Ira Handelman, Chair
Siamak Kordestani, Assistant Regional Director
For more information or to become involved with AJC-LA's Public Policy Committee, please contact Siamak Kordestani, Assistant Regional Director, at email@example.com or (310) 282-8080.