Peter Weil Honored at 2008 Community Service Award Dinner
More than 150 people gathered for a garden reception at the home of Lee and Larry Ramer, an idyllic setting for the presentation of the American Jewish Committee Community Service Award to Peter Weil, a founder and senior partner in the law firm Christensen, Glaser, Fink, Jacobs, Weil & Shapiro, and most recently Chairman of the LA Chapter. Peter was honored for his leadership in and involvement with civic and communal activities.
AJC/LA Executive Director Seth Brysk welcomed the guests who had come to honor Peter. Among those joining in the festivities were LA Chapter President Fredrick Levin, members of the AJC National Board of Governors and LA Chapter Board of Directors, former Community Service Award recipients, Jewish communal leaders, and elected and appointed officials, in addition to Peter’s many friends and family. National Executive Director David Harris, who had flown in for the occasion, addressed the challenges facing the
Get Email Updates
Receive the latest global Jewish advocacy news from AJC Los Angeles.
- AJC Policy Discussion with U.S. Representative Ted Lieu
- October 26, 2016
- Building Bridges Between Israel & Asia
- October 27, 2016
- ACCESS-NetKAL Event: Media Portrayals of the Jewish-American and Korean-American Communities
- November 2, 2016
- The Art of Diplomacy featuring Rabbi Sarah Bassin and Consul General of Azerbaijan Nasimi Aghayev
- November 3, 2016
- Dorothy and Sherrill C. Corwin Award honoring David Nevins
- December 1, 2016