Drs. Barbara and Gerald Levey
Drs. Barbara and Gerald Levey Honored at 2009 Distinguished Leadership Award Dinner
Leaders in the business, entertainment, academic and medical communities came out on November 18, 2009 to honor Drs. Barbara and Gerald Levey at the American Jewish Committee’s Distinguished Leadership Award dinner. Held at the Skirball Cultural Center, AJC recognized the accomplishments of (the Leveys, who are long-time bouard members) for (their) contributions to UCLA School of Medicine as well as for their leadership in the broader Los Angeles community.
Sherry Lansing, Master of Ceremonies, spoke of the Levey’s deep commitment to serving the public good - Dr. Gerald Levey as the Vice Chancellor for Medical Sciences and the Dean of the School of Medicine and Dr. Barbara Levey as Assistant Vice Chancellor for Biomedical Affairs. Philanthropist and entrepreneur Lynda Resnick presented the award to (this) humble couple, offering touching remarks about her long-standing friendship and love for the Leveys and extolling their commitment to the highest quality of care for every patient.
Get Email Updates
Receive the latest global Jewish advocacy news from AJC Los Angeles.
- Breakfast Briefing with Robert Silverman, AJC's U.S. Director of Muslim-Jewish Relations
- August 4, 2016
- AJC Speaker Series with The Washington Institute: Featuring Ambassador Dennis Ross and Ambassador Jim Jeffrey
- September 14, 2016
- Learned Hand Award honoring Nancy Abell
- September 22, 2016
- The Art of Diplomacy featuring Rabbi Sarah Bassin and Consul General of Azerbaijan Nasimi Aghayev
- November 3, 2016
- Dorothy and Sherrill C. Corwin Award honoring David Nevins
- December 1, 2016